SRA-157 is a liquid shrinkage-reducing admixture, which can be used, in any Portland cement-based product to significantly decrease drying shrinkage. SRA-157 is not expansive material, but rather functions by blocking capillaries of pore water, which is the major mechanism that causes drying shrinkage in concrete. SRA-157 when added to concrete at a rate of 2 % by weight of cementitious can reduce shrinkage (ASTM C 157) by up to 80% at 28 days of age and by up to 50% at one year of age.
- High level of shrinkage reduction that can eliminate cracking due to drying shrinkage in restrained concrete
- Reduces potential for cracking
- Improves aesthetics
- Increases water tightness of the mix
- Improves durability of the concrete
- Reduces creep and curling of slabs
- Decreases carbonation at the surface of slabs